Intuition is intriguing.
Without intuition, we are unable to make links between things, places and people in a lightning-quick way.
With intuition, visions are easy to bring to life. Designers are such people.
When a visionary has an idea, the intuitive person will start shaping it in their mind. They place it in a context, sensing how, where, why it will be useful or helpful.
The Third Eye Chakra, or Ajna, govern this area.
The person with the balanced Third Eye Chakra is intuitive, fair and clear. It gives them the ability to see things from a different perspective and use our intuition to guide us.
Although this intuition is within all of us, it may be stagnant if we shut it out due to fear, insecurity, distrust or even judgement. Or, we might have lost touch because we are bombarded with images, activities, and noise that are constantly around us—making us lose touch with our genuine self.
If the Third Eye Chakra is left unenergized and stagnant, we lose “sight” and “sense” of things that happen around us. It leaves us questioning our own abilities, leaves us wandering in life and spiritually unfulfilled.
By closing our eyes, and turning our focus to search within, we can get our intuition working again and live a life of truth on our spiritual path.
Ajna or Third Eye
The Sixth Chakra
Represents: Intuition, Clarity, Inspiration, Creative Flash, Wisdom, Self-Reflection
Blocked by: Illusion, Judgment, Insecurities
Location: Between Your Eyebrows
Nature Sound: Birds
Stones: Lapis Lazuli, Azurite, Blue Iolite, Labradorite
Governs: Pituitary Gland – The Master Hormone Gland
Governs Emotions: Love for All Sentient Beings
Purpose: Connection and Wisdom
Common Addictions: Overuse of Witchcraft
Essential Oils: Frankincense, Clary Sage, Juniper
Why Should I Work on My Ajna?
- If you are unclear and unfocused.
- If you are overwhelmed by beauty.
- If you are resistant to new ideas.
- If you are unable to sense what is happening around you.
- If you constantly feel despair and dissatisfaction in life.
- When you begin to wonder “Is this all there is to life?”
If you are in your 30s, 40s or 50s and find yourself asking this question often, then explore your Ajna with us.
Symptoms of Overactive Ajna Chakra
- Inability to mentally relax
- Sinus Problems
- Vision Problems
Symptoms of Underactive Ajna Chakra
- Inability to Focus
- Inability to Function Under Pressure
- Inability to Recall Dreams
- Sinus Problems
- Vision Problems
What Can I Do to Heal My Ajna?
- Start on Identity Journal
Start with a blank page on a notepad.
On top of the page, write “I am…”
Then, on the blank area, write whatever comes to mind.
- “I am Powerful”
- “I am a Father”
- “I am Lonely”
- “I am Lost”
Look back at yourself 10 years ago.
Repeat this exercise on a new page.
Is your identity the same or did it change over the years?
Has your sense of self changed?
Are you closer to your True Self?
2. Keep a Dream Journal
Our Third Eye Chakra is active in our dream state. The more you remember your dreams, the more you become connected to your unconscious.
When you wake up in the morning, before any stimuli (e.g. coffee, phone, laptop)
- Spend 10 minutes writing down your dreams
- If you don’t remember just write anything that comes to mind
- Do this for a couple of weeks and group them into categories (e.g: Animals, Emotions, Actions)
- What’s the most prominent theme in your dreams?
- What is it trying to communicate to you?
3. Visualise The Real You
Take time to visualise your life and how you want your life to be.
What is your truth? And how does that look?
4. Vision Board
Use a vision board. Put up images that you resonate with and those which represent the real you.
5. Use a Tibetan Singing Bowl or Tuning Fork
- Use them in meditation or
- Place it near your Ajna chakra and
- Strike it to create curative sound
6.Try Ajna Yoga Poses
- Downward Dog
- Fish Pose
- Child’s Pose
7. Energize with the Stones
Hold a Lapis Lazuli stone in your hands. Close your eyes and bring your awareness to the energy this stone emits.
8. Wear Lapis Lazuli Earrings
Wearing Lapis Lazuli earrings is a great way to keep this chakra stimulated during the day.
Hum Ohm as you breathe out.
10. Listen to 426 Hz or 852 Hz
11. Chant Ajna Affirmations
- “Om Shreem Mahadeviyay Swaha”
- “My Intuition is My Guidance”
We have a free gift to help you with a meditation/visualisation to open your Third Eye Chakra.
Print out the attachment or download it here.
We’d love to know which healing methods worked for you.