Imagine your life right now.
Maybe it goes something like this.
Each day you are on cloud nine!
You are working on a project you love. Your work gives you nothing but joy and fulfillment.
You are bold, creative and passionate!
Your every interaction with the people around you is harmonious, beautiful, collaborative and fun! They inspire you and you inspire them.
You are in touch with your sensuality and your desires. You nurture this side of you because you know that sensuality and desire drive all human emotions.
But you also don’t overindulge because you know that too much of a good thing will ultimately lead to ill health.
Does that sum your life up?
Or maybe that is just your dream life.
And Your Real Life Looks Like This…
- Lacking Inspiration for a Creative Project
- Feeling Hopeless and Unable to Pursue Your Art
- Loss of Interest in Your Creativity and Sexuality
- Experiencing Physical Infertility
- Feeling Bored and Trapped by Society
- Feeling frustrated and Angry in Your Interpersonal Relationships
- Not Feeling Sensual in Your Skin
But despite the common misconception that your creativity and sensuality should die a slow death with age, this couldn’t be further from the truth!
It is only with the wisdom of the years can you truly find inspiration in the world around you.
No matter where you are in your life stage, you were meant to live a full, vibrant and fulfilling life.
So don’t be afraid to explore the art, desires and passion in your life.
Healing the Svadisthana or Sacral Chakra is your 1st step.
Svadhisthana or Sacral Chakra
The Second Chakra
Represents: Flow, Change, Inspiration and Spontaneity
Blocked by: Inability to Feel Pleasure or Be Creative
Location: Center of Pelvis
Nature Sound: Ocean
Stones: Carnelian, Moonstone, Coral, Amber, Orange Calcite, Fire Opal
God/Goddess: Rati The Enchanting Goddess of Sexuality, Love and Partnership
Governs: Functioning of the Genitals, Reproductive Organ, Hips and Lower back
Governs Emotions: Confidence, Joy and Desire
Purpose: Connects your energy with Joy, Creativity, Sexuality and Sensations
Common Addictions: Sex
Essential Oils: Romantic, Sweet and Flowery scents to complement the Divine Feminine such as Ylang Ylang, Jasmine, Rose, Neroli, Sage and Fennel
Why Should I Work on My Svadisthana Chakra?
You struggle to keep your emotional control and you find it impossible to find pleasure in life. You are resistant to change, which causes even more displeasure in life.
You are in relationships with an unequal power balance causing constant difficulties. You find it difficult to find a balance between too little and too much.
You don’t “go with the flow” because you believe everything should be within your control.
If you can relate to the saying “Stuck in your ways”, then your Svadisthana needs some TLC.
Symptoms of Overactive Svadisthana Chakra
- Bladder Issues
Symptoms of Underactive Svadisthana Chakra
- Sexually Rigid
- Overly Rational
- Avoids Intimacy
- Inability to Feel Joy
- Fertility Issues
- Resistance to Change
- Hip or Joint Problems
- Genital Problems
What Can I Do to Heal My Svadisthana?
Movement that engages the hips are your best bet! Try Zumba, Salsa or Belly Dancing. Shake it until you feel released in this area!
Hip opening poses such as Cat-Cow, Baddha Konasana, Mandukanasana will release Svadisthana. Be careful of your lower back when you do these poses.
- Tapping Exercise (or Emotional Freedom Technique aka EFT)
Dr. Roger Callahan developed this exercise in the early 1980s. It is needle-free acupuncture to release your emotions!
Since emotions get stuck in our body, release them by doing this simple exercise.
- Write in a Journal
- Write down all the experiences that brought you pleasure and joy in the past few years
- Read through your list and take time to relive those moments
- Send the Universe a Thank You for those experiences
- Commit to incorporating at least two of the experiences into your life starting from now
5. Energize with the Stones
- Lie down comfortably
- Lightly hold the stone on your Sacral Chakra
- Make slow, small circles in a clockwise direction
- Repeat for a few minutes
6. Meditate by humming Vam as you breathe out
7. Listen to 417Hz frequency
8. Take a Bath with Essential Oils
9. Chant Svadisthana Affirmations
- “Creativity flows through me”
- “I am sensual”
- “I trust my feelings”
Remember to take time to reflect on your desires, not what society expects of you.